Book Week 2021
During this time schools and public libraries spend one glorious week celebrating books and Australian children's authors and illustrators.
While this year's Book Week won't be in the classroom, it doesn't make it any less exciting. In fact, there has never been a better time to immerse yourself into a good story - or why not try to write your own?
Book Week activities for Kids
- Kids Home Publishing - The Art of the Book series
Make your own books at home!
- Kids Home Publishing - Brigid in the Book Cubby series
Brigid reads your books!
- Arts Centre Melbourne - Shaun Tan: Author Talk
Arts Centre Melbourne
Author Talk with Shaun Tan!
- Storytime craft activities
State Library Victoria
Free downloadable activities for creativity.
Get inspired to draw, write and create
Book Week for Adults
Book Week doesn't just have to be for kids! Here's some activities and resources for teenagers and adults.
For those that just love a good story
When it comes to a good story, there's no limits to who can enjoy it, or how. Here are some of our best storytelling series we think you'll enjoy.
- Not Alone - a Beyond Blue podcast
Hosted by MarcFennell
- Melbourne Indigenous Transition School - Stop Animation Series
Stories through stop animation.
- Back to Nature ABC Series
Victoria Nature Festival
An 8-part series hosted by Aaron Pedersen.
- Modern Melbourne Series
Interviews with architects and designers
- Fed Square Mini Documentaries series
Unearthing stories from beneath Fed Square.