A Mile in my Shoes
Stories set in a travelling shoe shop. Listen to a library of audio stories from Melbournians based on the theme of water.
Missed out on your chance to visit the A Mile In My Shoes storytelling exhibition last year? Listen to all 35 stories below.
A Mile in My Shoes is a travelling shoe shop where visitors are invited to take a walk in someone else’s shoes – literally. Our season in November 2019 featured a library of audio stories from Melbournians based on the theme of water, contributed by people from all walks of life.
Created by London-based artist Clare Patey of Empathy Museum, this project explores how empathy can both transform our personal relationships and tackle global challenges such as prejudice, conflict and inequality.
Events from the same category
- 23 JAN 07:30 AMVictoria on Film - The Dressmaker
Featuring Rebecca Gibney and Shane Jacobson.
- Available anytimeBook Week: Kate O'Donnell
Q&A with author Kate O'Donnell.
- Available anytimeVictoria on Film - Mary and Max
Featuring Eric Bana and director Adam Elliot
- Available anytimeVictoria on Film - Miss Fisher and the Crypt of Tears
With Nathan Page, Essie Davis and more.
- Available anytimeSmartphone Stories: Go Again Op Shop by Sharon
Smartphone Stories Strathbogie workshop.
- 16 FEB TO 16 MAR 2021 07:00 PMJewish International Film Festival at Home
Bring the spirit of the cinema home.
- Available anytimeStorytime craft activities
- Available anytimeTea & Talk with Astrid Edwards
New fortnightly episodes
- Available anytimeCinema 3
Rent or stream new releases from ACMI.
- Available anytime