Queer Lives in Isolation
Experience the stories about time spent together when apart, by local Victorian filmmakers.
From social isolation, loneliness, and mental health concerns, to connecting online, romance in quarantine, and working from home, Queer Lives in Isolation tells the stories of our time apart to bring us closer together.
These new works by talented Victorian filmmakers highlight the experiences of LGBTIQ+ people as they navigate the infamous COVID-19 lockdown period.
A simple goal was set to preserve the memory of the challenges that 2020 brought to our community. Our lives have changed in so many ways and we couldn’t be more proud to bring these stories to life on screen through Queer Lives in Isolation.
Tune in as we present each film over the course of March.
More from this series
- Queer Lives in Isolation: The Odyssey
Hosted by The Melbourne Queer Film Festival
- Queer Lives in Isolation: The Space Around You
Hosted by The Melbourne Queer Film Festival.
- Queer Lives in Isolation: You Are Never Alone
Six strangers. Three phone calls.
- Queer Lives in Isolation: 3057
Candid conversation on Queer authenticity.
Events from the same category
- Book Week: Kate O'Donnell
Q&A with author Kate O'Donnell.
- Smartphone Stories: Go Again Op Shop by Sharon
Smartphone Stories Strathbogie workshop.
- Cinema 3
Rent or stream new releases from ACMI.
- Victoria on Film - Miss Fisher and the Crypt of Tears
With Nathan Page, Essie Davis and more.
- Victoria on Film - The Dressmaker
Featuring Rebecca Gibney and Shane Jacobson.
- Victoria on Film - Mary and Max
Featuring Eric Bana & director Adam Elliot.
- Midsumma Festival 2021
See what online events are happening.
- Fantastic Film Festival
Welcome to the 2021 Fantastic Film Festival.