Visual effects tutorial - The magic of jump cuts
Do you want to learn more about filmmaking? Become an expert at creating ‘jump cuts’ with ACMI.
Do you want to learn more about filmmaking? Become an expert at creating ‘jump cuts’ with ACMI with a series of exercises and tutorials to inspire you.
In a traditional sense, a jump cut is a transition used by filmmakers to show a time jump or a change of location during a film.
However, when used creatively within a scene, a jump cut can be used to create an exciting visual effect.
In the following exercises, you will find out how jump cuts can be used to create three different magical effects in your films.
Events from the same category
- 23 JAN 07:30 AMVictoria on Film - The Dressmaker
Featuring Rebecca Gibney and Shane Jacobson.
- Available anytimeBook Week: Kate O'Donnell
Q&A with author Kate O'Donnell.
- Available anytimeVictoria on Film - Mary and Max
Featuring Eric Bana and director Adam Elliot
- Available anytimeVictoria on Film - Miss Fisher and the Crypt of Tears
With Nathan Page, Essie Davis and more.
- Available anytimeSmartphone Stories: Go Again Op Shop by Sharon
Smartphone Stories Strathbogie workshop.
- 16 FEB TO 16 MAR 2021 07:00 PMJewish International Film Festival at Home
Bring the spirit of the cinema home.
- Available anytimeStorytime craft activities
- Available anytimeTea & Talk with Astrid Edwards
New fortnightly episodes
- Available anytimeCinema 3
Rent or stream new releases from ACMI.
- Available anytime