Small Science – Learning through play
Bendigo Discovery Centre brings you Small Science, a series of STEM related videos that will help get young children interested in science.
Bendigo Discovery Science & Technology Centre brings you Small Science, hosted by Early Years Program Developer, Dana Twycross.
In this episode, Dana explains just how important play can be to help kids learn.
There are a lot of different definitions for just what play means, but five universally agreed upon definitions say that play should be:
- self-chosen and self-directed
- intrinsically motivated
- engaged in with an alert, active and non-stressed state of mind.
More from this series
- Small Science – Infants and the scientific method
A resource for carers and educators.
- Small Science – Adults asking questions
Ask effective questions to help kids learn.
- Small Science – Children asking questions
From 2 - 5, kids ask up to 40,000 questions!
- Small Science – Wet weather
Winter is the perfect weather for learning.
Events from the same category
- Pause Originals 2020
- Asia Society Australia Webcasts
- Code like a Girl - Tech puzzles for problem solvers
Master the magic of code
- Native Australian Bees - BeeZine activity
- Bendigo Discovery Centre presents Shed Science Series
help spark the flames or curiosity !
- Bendigo Discovery Centre presents Small Science
Science resources & ideas for children.
- Shed Science Series - Exploring Time Lapse
Want to know how a time lapse works?
- Shed Science Series - Become a Frog Detective
Become a Detective in your own backyard.